Monday, January 15, 2007

Football

I was never a super-huge football fan. BUT...growing up in a town that lacked a professional football team (Salt Lake City), I DID feel a keen sort of "football disconnect" from the rest of the world. Who should I root for? I didn't know.

So a few years ago when I moved to Chicago I thought, "Great", now I can be a diehard Bears fan. But it never felt right. I felt like I was dating someone that I was indifferent towards but just kept hanging out with because I didn't have any other prospects. It seemed kind of pathetic.

So I went out with a couple more teams and I really hit if off with the Broncos and the Eagles. But unfortunately they didn't make it far in the playoffs. And so I find myself crawling back to the Bears.

You might think me flaky or call me a fair-weather fan, but perhaps you will go easy on me now that you are aware of my rootless, dysfunctional football background.

No comments: